Total Pageviews

Friday, May 28, 2010

Trying to keep things up

So I am trying to resolve my laziness and my unsatisfied artistic life. I think that I should post to the blog more often and try to keep a journal of what I am doing.

Today I met with a friend of mine who wants to create a comic book. He wants me to draw it. Problem is a) I am not an illustrator and b) I haven't religiously sketched in a long time. This puts me at a bad start of it all and of course he has a whole steam punk idea, which is never simple. But maybe really getting into it will be good for me. Get me back into being an artist, which I miss and apparently is the most integral part of being a designer.

So here is my baby step. I still haven't worked on my CD covers. I really should do that. I bunch of normal excuses will follow but I am going to save my "listeners" from it.

I want to do tons of projects in the next 18 months or so:
the comic book
more digital photography
blog posts
painting
portfolio
corporate identity
my website

I know, that is a lot. We will see if I finish all of those. But I feel like I need to. So here we go!!

1 comment:

olga said...

hey Kim,
I feel your dillema...
well here's a little something to maybe inspire your steam punk comics book... http://dancesofvice.com/home.html
I went to their events and it might be a good idea for you to check them out too, get you in the mood...
good luck...
kisses, Olga